It all starts with design!
You can always send us your design, but if you are feeling stuck, we offer a range of design solutions.
Design with Canva
Design from scratch or be inspired by one of our customisable templates.Start Designing
Upload Your Artwork
Start by downloading one of our templates.
Once your design is ready, select 'Upload Design'.
Snap Print-Design, Powered by Canva
An integrated and seamless solution for DIY Design-for-Print
Snap's collaboration with Canva - the first of its kind in Australia - combines the simplicity of Canva's drag-and-drop design interface with the print expertise and personalised service of your local Snap Centre.
The Snap Print-Design, Powered by Canva tool will empower you to create print-ready designs using the templates provided. A 'Canva Design and Pre-Press Fee' of $12.95 (including GST) will be included at the checkout. If you don't proceed through to a print order, no charge is incurred.
There are two ways you can access and use the Snap Print-Design, Powered by Canva tool. You can either:
- Start by selecting the type of product you're after (business cards, brochures, posters etc.) and your preferred printing options (such as paper quality and quantity) and then at step 2, choose 'Design with Canva'. This will take you straight to the design templates for your selected product. OR
- Start in the Canva Design tool and from there, select the type of product you're wanting to design and have printed. Once you've finished your design, you'll be taken through to 'Product Options' for you to select your paper quality and quantity, before going to the check-out.
If you need some tips for using Canva to get great print results, check out our Design & Artwork FAQs.
Use Snap's Graphic Design Services
Bringing your creative ideas to life is what we do best.
It all starts with the initial Design Consultation. You can come to us with your ideas, or a blank sheet to start the process from scratch. Either way, we will work with you to develop designs with the WOW factor. To book a Design Consultation, fill out the Contact Us form here.
Our graphic designers offer a full range of creative services, including:
- Branding and Logo Design
- Marketing Design
- Business Stationery Design
- Special Event Design
- Website and eMarketing Design
Upload Your Own Design
Already have a finished design? We can get that printed for you in a SNAP...
After you've selected your product and print options (such as paper quality and quantity), at Step 2 select the 'Upload your Artwork' option.
Haven’t started your design? Get going by using one of our downloadable PDF or Ai templates, with trim and bleed lines marked, as your guide. Once your design is ready, enter your order details and select the ‘Upload your Artwork’ option.
To ensure you get the results you're looking for from the artwork you upload, refer to the Artwork Checklist which follow.
We have prepared the following guide to assist you with your electronic file preparation and submission.
If you have a specific problem that is not covered in this guide or have other questions, please feel free to contact us.
Improperly prepared files can cause delays in manufacturing.
- Document Colours are in CMYK
- Files set to finished size
- Set the trim allowances/bleed
- Set a Safety Margin
- Image & Graphic Resolution
- Line Weights
- File Formats/li>
- Embedded Fonts or Paths
- Prepare your files using CMYK as the colour mode, not RGB.
- Avoid using Registration for black text; instead, set the font colour to 100% Black.
- When using special colours (Pantone or HKS), enter the desired values in the colour channel.
- If you order a greyscale item, the file needs to be created in greyscale.
- We recommend creating grey areas in shades of black to ensure a perfect print result.
Files Set to Finished Size
- Create your files in their final trim size.
- If possible, your files will be automatically scaled to fit the order format (without bleed).
Please note that scaling a smaller format to a larger one can lead to a decrease in resolution quality.
For example, scaling an A6 flyer to an A4 flyer can affect the quality of your final product. The lack of bleed on the outer edges can likewise lead to white edges around your product.
- Keep all text at least 5 mm away from the edge of the finished size.
- Contents in spiral-bound calendars or brochures should be kept at least 20 mm away from the binding edge.
- For folders, please leave a safety margin of at least 5 mm from the fold.
- Make sure colours, background pictures and layouts extend into the bleed area so as to avoid leaving white lines as a result of cutting.
- For artwork without a trim allowance, we may need to modify your artwork to ensure it's 'Print-Ready'.
Image & Graphic Resolution
- Pictures, images and graphics: 250 dpi
- Greyscales and colour images: 250 dpi
- Line artwork (e.g. texts in small font size and drawings): 1.200 dpi
- Large Posters and Pull-Up Banners with text: 150 dpi
- Lines should be at least 0.125 pt.
- Lines that are too thin are automatically increased to a printable weight.
(Exception: lines set to precisely 0 pt. We cannot guarantee that the weight of these lines will be automatically increased.)
- Do not use borders to frame the whole page. They can be partially cut, due to the mechanical cutting tolerance and can affect the appearance of the final product.
Embedded Fonts or Paths
- Convert fonts to paths or embed them to avoid typeface discrepancies.
- Use fonts that don't have any licence restrictions and make sure the font coding in the PDF file is correct.
- Make sure there is sufficient contrast between background and font colours.